top of page
Student Visas

To study in the UK, you must apply for a student visa. The type of course and its length will determine the length of stay. In this section, you can get an overview of the student visa requirements.

Type of Institute

You must have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with an approved institution. You can view the list of the approved institutions by clicking here.

Financial Requirement 

You must provide evidence that you have enough money to pay for:

  • your tuition fees

  • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to the UK

English Language

You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. This is generally done by meeting the requirements mentioned in the admission offer letter (known as CAS).

Dependent Visa

You can bring your spouse and children to the UK provided you are one of the following:

  • a full-time student on a postgraduate level course (RQF level 7 or above) that lasts 9 months or longer

  • a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months

  • a Doctorate Extension Scheme student

If you child is 16 or 17, you will need to provide an official letter from their university or college that they are still dependent on you.

bottom of page