top of page
Work Rights
During Study

You, as an international student, are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week if you are doing a full-time course with at least 2 years of duration. You have the similar work rights if you undertake a full-time course that gains you points under skilled migration category or if you course is at least 1 year in duration under the student exchange scheme.

You can work full-time during the student breaks provided you are studying full-time for at least 1 academic year in a course that is worth at least 120 points and the course is of at least 2 semesters (at least 8 months).

If you are enrolled in Masters by research or doctoral degree, you can work for as long as you want.

Post Study

You may apply for the Post-study work visa. This visa lasts for up to 3 years and duration of the visa depends on the level of your qualification and where you studied.

This visa allows you to work for any employer and in almost any job.

You spouse can also apply for a work visa and your dependent can study free as domestic students.

bottom of page