top of page
Student Visas

To study in Australia, you must apply for a student visa. The type of course and its length will determine the length of stay. In this section, you can get an overview of the student visa requirements.

Evidence of Study

You must include an evidence of enrolment in form of Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE). This confirms that you have been accepted into an approved course by meeting all the entry requirements including English and employment where applicable.

The first step to get eCoE is to apply for admission into your desired course. Once you have received an offer letter, you need to pay the tuition fees and meet all the requirements listed in your admission offer letter.

English Language

Depending on the country you have received your qualifications or your country of citizenship, you may be required to meet the English language requirements. The following tests are acceptable for the student visa purposes

English language test providers

Minimum score

Minimum score and at least 10 weeks English Courses

Minimum score and at least 20 weeks English Courses





TOEFL internet-based test




Cambridge English: CAE




PTE Academics




Occupational English Test

B for each test component



Health Insurance

As an international student, you and your family members must have and maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia. This is known as “Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)”.

Our team can help you arrange this or you can buy this from your education provider.

Financial Requirements

To receive the student visa, you need to demonstrate your financial capacity to support your education in Australia. You must demonstrate that you (or your sponsor) have access to sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees (for yourself and any school aged dependents), living costs and travel costs for you and your accompanying family members.

Our team of visa specialists are fully trained to assess your eligibility and make it easier for you.

Genuine Temporary Entrant

As an applicant for a student visa must show they are coming to Australia on temporarily basis and to gain education. This does not exclude students who intend to apply for permanent residence after completing their studies. Some of the things you need to do to meet this requirement include:

  • Write a personal statement

  • Previous study

  • Reasons for gap in studies, if any

  • Current employment status, if applicable

  • Your immigration history (previous visa applications for Australia or other countries) including visa refusals, if applicable

  • Financial stability

You can find out more about Genuine temporary entrant requirement.

Student Under 18

If you are under 18 years of age, you must provide evidence that you have welfare arrangements in place when you apply for a student visa if you will be under 18 when you arrive in Australia. You can do this by either nominating a guardian (who meets the requirements to be guardian) with your application or having a confirmation from the education provider that the appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements are in place. These arrangements need to be in place until such time that you turn 18 or for the duration of your student visa.

Our team can help you with this process by making it easier for you.

Dependent Visa

As a student, you can bring your spouse and children to Australia if the student's course duration is 12 months or longer. You can apply for the their visa at the same time as your student visa, or later after you have commenced your course.

You must declare all family members in your visa application, even if they do not plan to travel with them. If you do not declare all your family members, they will not be eligible to apply for a dependent visa once you have arrived in Australia.

Our experience consultants can help you apply for a dependent visa for your spouse and children and make it easier for you.

bottom of page